Thursday, March 24, 2011

How To Make An Ugly Couch Beautiful

migueldeunamuno Letter Box "dolls all!"

LETTER BOX migueldeunamuno

"dolls all!"

_____________________________________
a_moserselection

letter box is a stronghold,

a plot, one of those where he played as a child

wounded one of those open fields of yellow grass and bricks

of granite, apart

_____________________________________ ;
Aunt Tula
could not any more with your body. The soul within him fluttered like a bird in a cage that is dilapidated, which leaves you with pain who flayed, but longing to fly above the clouds. Do not get to see the grandchild. Do you feel? "Up there, being with them-dreamed- I know how it is, and if a boy or girl ... or two ... and I'll know better than here, because up there it looks better and cleaner down here. "

Last fever teníala bedridden. Barely distinguish his nephews rather than step, especially since Manolita Charity. The passage of the latter, of Charity, llegábale like a creature full of fruit and even seemed to smell of that time of maturity. And Manolita was as light as a bird is not known if it runs or flies at ground level. "When she comes," thought the aunt feel rumor drooping wings and quiet. "

first wanted to leave it, alone, and took a moment came to bring the medicine. He pulled his arm out of bed, handed it to bless it, and putting his hand on her head, she bowed with clear eyes clouded, he said,

- What, dove without gall, you still die ...? The truth!
-Si
got it ...

"That I will not die, huh? No, you shall not die ... , Is your brother, your brothers ... Right near it, but I think the evidence of these things cured you ... Is not that right? Tell me as confession, which I will tell
ours ...

"Yes, I can not think those silly ...

- Nonsense? No, it was nonsense. Oh, and now you say that's nonsense, bring me your wrist, because the guards, is not it? Yes, I know the guards ... Bring me that doll, you know? I want to say goodbye to her and also say goodbye to me ... Remember? Come on, do not you remember that?

"Yes, mother, I remember.

- What do you remember?

"From when I fell into that skate Elvira garden and called me stupid because I cried so much and saying it's useless mourn ...

"That ... that ... What else? Do you remember more?

"Yes, the story you told us so ...

- Let's see, what story?

"From the girl who dropped her wrist in a dry well where they could not get down to draw and began to mourn,. Mourn, mourn, and wept as the well was filled with tears and left floating in including the wrist ...

- And what Elvira said that? Say what? I do not remember ...

"Yes, you remember, mother ...

"Well, what did you say?

"said the girl would stay dry and dead from crying so much ...

- How should I say?

"God, mother ...

"Well, do not say, but do not cry, little dove, do not cry ... that as much as you cry will not fill the well with tears when I fall and not leave floating ...

"If I could be ...

- Ah, yes! If I could be I would come to take you and take you with me ... But we have to wait an hour. And take care of your brothers. We will deliver them to you, you know, to you. Do you not realize that I'm dead.

"I'll do what I can ...

"And I'll help from above. Not become aware that I'm dead ...

"I pray, mother ...

-A Lady, a daughter, the Virgin ...

"I pray, mother, every night before bed ...

"Well, do not cry ...

"But do not cry, do not you see I do not cry?

-To wash the eyes when they saw bad things is not bad, but you have not seen ugly things, you can not see them ...

And if appropriate, closing his eyes ...

"No, no, things are so ugly. And she asks for your father, your mother, for me ... Do not forget your mother ...

-If you do not forget ...

"Unless you met ...

- Yes, I know!

"But the other, I mean the one that brought you the world.

- Yes, thank you I know, to that one!

- Poor thing! Ella. had not met his ...

- His mother was you, I know right!

"Well, do not cry ...

- If you do not cry! "And he wiped his eyes with the back of his left hand while the other trembling, holding the glass of medicine.

"Well, now brings the doll, I want to see it. Ah! And there in a corner of that Archite ... you know me, that's the key ..., yes, that, that ...! Where no one has played more than me, and you once, there, along with those pictures, you know, there is another face ... mine ... the one I had as a child ... my first baby ..., is the first? ... Well! Bring it to me too ... But that does not find any of those, do not say that is nonsense ours, because we are stupid ... Bring me the two faces, I say goodbye to them, then we will get serious to say goodbye to the others ... Go away, I can think an evil thought and crossed himself. The thought was that evil evil whisper there, deep in the belly aching with the pain of departure, he said: "Dolls all!".


Aunt Tula 1921 Miguel de Unamuno

0 comments:

Post a Comment